Typically, when considering print in the marketing mix, companies focus on direct mail and marketing collateral as the main forms of print communications. But, is your company utilizing them to their fullest extent?
In the past, traditional forms of print communication were limited – not only in what they could accomplish (e.g. personalization, automation), but also with how people could respond and continue the conversation.
If you’re not effectively combining the various communication channels, then you’re not making the most of your print budget. So, how exactly do you make the most of your marketing budget, with respect to print?
Here are 5 easy ways you can enhance the value of your print communications.
- Consider what other forms of communication you’re using (e.g. social media, email, radio, outdoor, TV, online) and mention your use of those channels within your print pieces (e.g. “find us on Twitter and Facebook” – provide a link).
- Integrate digital technology, such as QR codes and text messaging, making it easier for prospects/clients to connect with you.
- Test variations and track individual responses by providing unique URLs, personal identification numbers, and different phone numbers within your print communications.
- Personalize your marketing with variable data to create marketing collateral that is specific to the recipient.
- Provide an alternative, such as a digital version (a downloadable PDF, interactive flip-book, or microsite) with the same content as your physical print version.
Interested in learning how The Whitley Group can help you stretch your marketing budget? Contact us today!